Superior coverage over Original Rust Encapsulator! Great coverage in a single coat Saves You Money!
Eastwood has been one of the leading names in rust prevention for many years. Now we bring you twice the corrosion resistance of our original Rust Encapsulator in a simple to apply moisture cure coating. Spray it, brush it or roll it on. It does not matter, just get it on to protect your next project from corrosion.
Rust Encapsulator Plus Features:
- 2X Stronger Than Original Rust Encapsulator
- Passed over 1,000 hours of salt spray testing
- Best used in Non-Direct Sunlight Applications
- Should be top coated in Direct Sunlight Applications
- Direct to metal or apply over rust
- Heat Resistant Up To 177 degree C.
- Only one coat required for full coverage - saves you money
- Easy Application: Roll, Brush, or Spray
One time simply application last for years
Use to protect or restore car frames, boat trailers, utility trailers, outdoor metal furniture, mailbox posts, bilco cellar doors and more!
- Better than hardware store aerosols
- Outperforms all competitors and heat stable to 350 degrees F
- Only 2 quarts required for full size car or truck frame
- Looks great or topcoat with your product of choice
• 67% solids by weight
• Approximate coverage: 8.9 square metres per quart for one coat
• Proprietary additive increases product adhesion to rusted steel substrates- unmatched by competitive coatings
• 1 coat assures maximum protection
• Brush, roller or spray applied
• Paint Gun: HVLP gravity or siphon with a 1.4 minimum needle/nozzle
• Re-coat able after 4 hrs.- if top coating after 48 hrs., scuff surface with 320 grit paper
• 2 hrs., tack free
• Easy to apply
• Topcoat able with virtually any high-quality coating
• Maximum service temp of 177 degrees C
Recommended Substrates and Prep
• Apply product as a primer/Encapsulator over clean or corroded (rusted) steel or cast iron
• Prep surface by mechanically cleaning loose flaking rust with a stiff brush or wire brush/wheel
• Remove any grease, oils or other surface contaminants with a solvent such as PRE or Acetone
• Apply by brush, roller or spray