Hammerite - Special Primer - Red
Hammerite Special Primer - Red
A water-based primer to promote adhesion to
stainless steel and non-ferrous metals including galvanised,
aluminium, chrome, brass and copper.
▶ Provides a smooth even finish for ideal topcoat adhesion.
▶ Only one coat required.
▶ Quick drying.
▶ Can be used inside or outside.
Special Metals Primer can be used for:
▶ Garage door
▶ Garden furniture
1. All surfaces must be clean and dry.
2. Remove loose rust, flaking paint and the gloss from old paintwork by wire brushing and/or rubbing down with coarse abrasive paper.
3. Treat any rusted patches with Hammerite Kurust.
4. Degrease thoroughly with a detergent solution then rinse thoroughly with clean water and allow to dry.
If using with a roller on large flat surfaces you may find it necessary to thin 10% with water. Do not use cellulose thinners or white spirit.
1. Stir paint thoroughly.
2. Do not apply when there is a risk of rain, frost or if the temperature falls below 5degC.
3. Hammerite Special Metals Primer is touch dry in 30 minutes (depending on weather conditions) and can be overcoated after only 2 hours.
4. Hammerite Special Metals Primer can be overcoated with most paints.
Touch dry in 30 minutes, recoatable after 2 hours.
Cleaning & Storage
After use, remove as much paint as possible from brushes before cleaning with clean water.
|Special Metal Primer Material Safety Data Sheet|
The information contained herein is based on data considered accurate and reliable to the best of our knowledge and belief as of the date compiled. However no warranty is expressed or implied regarding the accuracy of these data or the results to be obtained from the use hereof.